we made some changes to our Terms and Conditions regarding §8. User Generated Content & Third Party Content. These changes will come into effect from 10 March 2023 and are designed to ensure that everyone who uses sMeet understands their rights and obligations.
We encourage you to read our updated §8 of our Terms and Conditions carefully.
§8. User Generated Content & Third Party Content (Effective from 10.03.2023)
(1) sMeet will review and take appropriate measures upon receiving notification of copyright infringement from a user. If a user believes that content on the platform or within a service infringes their or a third party's copyright, they should immediately inform sMeet via email to support [at] smeet [dot] com.
(2) You may contribute to the Service through the submission of content you create or contribute to the creation of ("User Content"). User Content includes any communications, images, sounds, and all the material, data, and information that you upload or transmit through the Service, or that other users upload or transmit, including without limitation any chat text.
By transmitting or submitting any User Content, you represent and warrant that such transmission or submission is:
- accurate and not confidential
- not in violation of any laws, contractual restrictions, or other third-party rights, and that you have permission from any third party whose personal information or intellectual property is comprised in the User Content made available by you.
- free of viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code.
(3) sMeet reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to, or otherwise make unavailable any User Content (including without limitation your User Content) without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time.
You are solely responsible for any User Content uploaded, posted, transmitted, stored, or otherwise made available by you. sMeet assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content, and assumes no responsibility for monitoring inappropriate content or conduct.
(4) The Service enables users to interact with one another. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service. If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release sMeet (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
sMeet reserves the right to become involved in any way with these disputes, but for the avoidance of doubt is under no obligation to do so. You will fully cooperate with sMeet to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent, or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting sMeet access to your account and data.
(5) Within the services, the integration of third-party content (e.g. banners, text links, etc.) can take place. sMeet points out that linked content shall not be inspected and that it shall not adopt this content as its own or such content, which can be reached by linking. sMeet shall not assume any guarantees or liability for this content.
(6) Provided that third-party services are offered in line with the services, a contract shall be concluded between the user and the third party in the event of their usage. sMeet shall not have any influence on these services or their provision.
Please ensure compliance with our §11 Code of Conduct